Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Staying in the fire---Update

Well, as was no surprise, there was a message awaiting us on the answering machine, from the lady who owned the lovely Cape Cod. She felt so badly that they couldn't afford to wait a month out for us, but could not, therefore had another couple moving into the place November 1st. I admit I was very disappointed. I had to fight not to grumble all the more as I shoved things into my overflowing kitchen cupboards, as I flushed the toilet & it overflowed yet again, as I heard the racket next door, as I wondered where I was going to fit my Christmas tree this year.....
I need to learn to be grateful for what I have. The other day I was grumbling about the toilet clogging again, and then I caught myself, repented, & started thanking God that I even had running water & plumbing. Really, it's something we take for granted here in North America.
So we are here for the winter. And ya know what? I'm okay with that. I'm going to be okay with that, because things always turn out far better when they are in God's timing. I admit I don't want to stay here beyond the Spring, but again, waiting on God's timing. So for now, drafty walls, noise & toilets overflowing...and in the midst of a toilet overflowing, I pray that I will learn to let my joy overflow as well and to realize that the cup of blessing is truly overflowing in my life. I have my family, I have a place to live and food to eat. I am in fairly good health. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment